No cost and open to the Public
A small business cybersecurity and information protection Ask-Me-Anything with Kelley Kiernan – DAF CISO’s Blue Cyber Director.
September 26 11am to 3pm Eastern. A Boot Camp! DAF CISO’s Blue Cyber “No Phishing Here! Let’s get you the information and training you need to protect your U.S. Small Business from social engineering!”: with a Keynote from the HubZone Council Special Registration Link: https://www.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_832rwULyTT-o2dzSrCKWdw
October 3 “DIBCAC presents: An Encryption Primer and the Encryption requirements in NIST SP 800-171” Listen to the Defense Contracting Management Agency’s DIBCAC Team is talking with you about Encryption Requirements in NIST SP 800-171.
October 10 “CISA to the Rescue” Join us to learn about services, free tools and resources for your SMB from the Cybersecurity Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA). JD Henry is part of a team of 52 national risk advisors at CISA. They will bring you actionable information on services and resources that are available for small businesses to augment their cybersecurity posture and improve their operational resiliency.
October 17 “Protect your Small Business: Basic Cyber Hygiene FAR 52-204-21 and the Proposed CMMC Level 1 – A special 2-hour Session of Blue Cyber. The Blue Cyber Director, Kelley Kiernan and technical experts will cover the 17 security requirements in the FAR 52.204-21 which comprise basic cyber hygiene for any small business. The target audience is small businesses of any type, with or without government contracts. Every small business is welcome. Cohosted with the University of Missouri APEX Accelerator and the Missouri Enterprise
- 43% of all data breaches involve small and medium-sized businesses.
- If you’re still in denial about the chances of your small business becoming a victim, 61% of all SMBs have reported at least one cyber-attack during the previous year.
- 83% of small and medium-sized businesses are not financially prepared to recover from a cyber-attack.
- 43% SMBs do not have any cybersecurity plan in place.
- One in five small companies does not use endpoint security, and 52% SMBs do not have any IT security experts in-house.
- Phishing attacks increased by 48% in the first half of 2022, with reports of 11,395 incidents costing businesses a total of $12.3 million. according to Security Intelligence
- Research suggests that up to 40% of cyber threats are now occurring directly through the supply chain. Also, from Security Intelligence.
- Microsoft also reports that the United States remains the most highly targeted country with 46% of global cyberattacks being directed towards Americans.
- Only 57 percent of businesses are successful in recovering their data using a backup. Ransomware Statistics, Trends and Facts for 2022 and Beyond (cloudwards.net)
Registration Link: https://www.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_6Gz84TQGRvm6YHMSVyE0Qg