Thanks to the CARES Act funding, the State of Missouri is making $20 million in available to reimburse Missouri companies producing PPE, an ongoing need in the fight against #COVID19. Eligible businesses and nonprofits can receive up to $500,000.
PPE Retooling Program
The purpose of the Show-Me Strong Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Retooling Program under section 601(a) of the Social Security Act, as added by section 5001 of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES Act”) is to provide grant funding to manufacturers, nonprofit organizations, and other entities to reimburse certain costs for retooling existing facilities by purchasing necessary equipment and services to manufacture critically needed PPE for use in Missouri. This grant funding will assist entities with creating new business while contributing to the fight against the current COVID-19 public health emergency.
Grant Program Parameters:
- The grant program is statewide.
- The number of grants per applicant is limited to 1.
- Total grant funds is $20M.
- Must incur/have incurred costs between March 1, 2020 and December 1, 2020.
- DED will require a project impact report by July 1, 2021.
- Grant amount up to $500,000 per facility for the production of PPE in the Tier 1 category and up to $300,000 per facility for the production of PPE in the Tier 2 category.
- Application review will consider eligibility of costs, proposed plan to produce PPE and manufacturing capacity, adherence of PPE specifications and ability to use the funds timely, and availability of funds.
- Up to 20% of available funding may be reserved for manufacturers with fewer than 25 employees and registered nonprofits.
- Upon notification of award, the applicant must enter into a program agreement with DED outlining program details, requirements, and state and federal terms and conditions; and execute a company certification.
PPE Product & Services Directory:
If you haven’t already, please join our growing directory to showcase Missouri manufacturers producing PPEs. Click on the image below to get started. Thank you to all who are helping our state and our country fight the pandemic.
Check out our new page for resources and solutions specifically geared to help manufacturers transition through this pandemic.
For our experts to respond to your needs, we recommend you first take the Covid-19 Readiness Recovery Assessment, which allows us to better understand your individual challenges. Our goal is match needs with solutions. However, if you already understand your challenge, please connect with your Area Business Manager (see below) and they would be glad to help you.
Share this information with others within your company or within your network. Be safe. We are here when you need us. Connect with your Missouri Enterprise Area Business Manager at any time.