Energy Audits and Assessments Help You Realize Significant Savings.
Auditing and assessing your company’s energy usage to identify actionable items to improve efficiency is a specialized skill requiring experience and expertise. Missouri Enterprise’s on staff Certified Energy Manager* (CEM) has the experience and skills you need to conduct a thorough walkthrough of your facilities, identify areas for potential energy savings and make recommendations to optimize your energy efficiency and reduce costs. From a simple facility walkthrough consultation to complete project management to help you and your team implement strategic changes for improvement, we can help.
(*Certified through the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE), a recognized leader in energy management for industry.)
Energy Audit Levels to Fit Your Needs.
- Level 1 Energy Audit. Almost every small to medium sized manufacturer can benefit from a Level 1 Energy Audit. Our experts will join company owners, process designers and plant managers on a facility walkthrough to identify and report on areas for potential energy savings and improvements. The benefit of our outside eyes brings objectivity to the process, and we almost always see things you might have missed, along with recommendations for simple changes you can make to have a positive impact on your energy consumption. This audit project includes a straightforward report to record findings and recommendations, and usually takes about 1-3 hours.
- Level 2 Energy Audit. To build upon the value of a Level 1 Energy Audit, we’ll conduct an in-depth, 1-2 day plant visit to get into the details of your energy usage. We’ll deploy technical measuring equipment at strategic points within your facility to measure real-time energy consumption and identify waste. These tools provide useful data to understand your actual energy use and point out areas for improvement that are difficult or impossible to detect with the naked eye. Our reports will help you balance the realities of your facility limitations against overall economics, environmental sustainability issues and more to produce a practical set of solutions that make sense for your business. Reports will provide a roadmap for your next steps to energy optimization at your facility and include a list of potential outside programs that may benefit your company.
- Level 3 Energy Audit and Optimization Project Management. With the information acquired through the Level 1 and 2 audits, our CEM will use sophisticated software to produce simulations of your existing state energy usage and project simulations of future state savings that can be achieved by making the right strategic changes. Your Missouri Enterprise Project Manager will then help you make change happen, overseeing your energy improvement initiative and working with your team to implement processes to optimize your energy usage.
The Tools of the Trade: Energy Monitoring and Measurement Equipment.
We also have an array of technical energy consumption auditing equipment to make precise measurements of energy usage and waste within your facility. Working with your team, our experts will deploy this equipment in key areas of your facility to record accurate data to inform our recommendations and your decision-making process. Our toolbox includes:
- Thermal imaging cameras for heat measurement.
- Find equipment running too hot.
- Locate electric circuits being overloaded.
- Check for steam traps malfunctioning.
- Indicate bearings ready to fail.
- Point out roof leaks and poor insulation.
- Ultrasonic leak detectors for pneumatic and compressed air systems.
- Light level meters to see if your work areas are lit adequately.
- Tools to measure insulation R values in walls.
- Flue gas analyzer to see if your boiler is running at optimal levels.
- Data loggers to track items such as:
- Equipment cycle rates.
- Occupancy frequency of spaces.
- Light levels over time.
- Temperature and humidity.
- IR Thermometers.
- And if you have a need for a tool and we don’t have it, we may have to go shopping.