Safety & Health Programs: Protecting Workers Protects Your Business.
As manufacturers know, OSHA is diligent about ensuring companies follow recommended practices to implement, maintain and improve their Safety & Health Programs. Of course, protecting your people against injury and the suffering and financial hardship workplace accidents can cause workers and their families is simply the right thing to do. But beyond the obvious need to provide a safe work environment for employees, implementing best practices for Safety also protects the business and yields financial and cost saving rewards. According to OSHA, Safety & Health Programs can help companies:
- Prevent workplace injuries and illnesses.
- Improve compliance with laws and regulations.
- Reduce costs, including significant reductions in workers' compensation premiums.
- Engage workers.
- Enhance their social responsibility goals.
- Increase productivity and enhance overall business operations.
A Proactive Approach to Safety & Health Management.
OSHA’s recommended practices use a proactive approach to Safety & Health Management, rather than older reactive ways of managing workplace Safety. The main goal of OSHA’s recommended practices is to find and fix hazards before they lead to injury, illness or even death. Companies can begin with a basic program focused on obvious and simple goals and then grow their Safety & Health Program from there. Key elements include setting and achieving goals, monitoring performance and evaluating outcomes. OSHA recommends some basic steps for program evaluation and improvement, including:
- Establishing, reporting, and tracking goals and targets that indicate whether the program is making progress.
- Evaluating the program initially and periodically thereafter to identify shortcomings and opportunities for improvement.
- Providing ways for workers to participate in program evaluation and improvement.
Workplace Safety & Health Services Through Missouri Enterprise.
Missouri Enterprise’s Safety Project Managers have the experience, resources and connections to help you with any aspect of Workplace Safety. Some of the core areas we can help you with include:
- Workplace Safety Inspections, Compliance Assessments & Audits.
- Safety & Health Management Programs.
- OSHA 10-Hour Training.
- Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Hazardous Materials.
- Hazard Communication.
- Flammable & Combustible Liquids.
- Machine Guarding.
- Confined Space Entry.
- Lockout / Tagout.
- Personal Protective Equipment.
- Walking & Working Surfaces.
- Emergency Action Plans.
- Respiratory Protection.
- Incident Investigation.
- Anything to do with Workplace Safety & Health.