More than $1 million in grant funding to support the entrepreneurial ecosystem statewide through the Physical Infrastructure Grant Program has been awarded for the fiscal year 2023 grant cycle. Due to the success of the pilot program, MTC will be launching a full Physical Infrastructure Grant Program in the spring.
The Physical Infrastructure Grant Program seeks to ensure entrepreneurs throughout the state have access to the physical infrastructure and resources required to launch and grow their businesses.
Following the release of the Catalyzing Innovation Report last year, MTC is prioritizing funding organizations and programs that are directly aligned with the strategies and action items included in the report. The Physical Infrastructure Grant aims to increase access to quality entrepreneurial support services throughout Missouri to ensure companies are able to grow and scale.
The following grant proposals were approved:
- BioSTL – Cortex is the Midwest’s premier innovation hub of bioscience and technology research, development and commercialization. BioGenerator Labs, located in the Cortex Innovation Community, provides lab facilities, capital equipment and office space for promising, but very early stage companies.
- BioSTL – Helix Center is a small business incubator that provides lab and office space to encourage the formation of local startup companies pursuing commercial ventures in agtech, precision agriculture, plant sciences, agriculture, food, nutrition, fiber, and clean energy.
- Codefi Foundation on Rural Innovation, Inc. is dedicated to improving the quality of life by accelerating economic development through access to education, mentoring, technology, and capital, and providing increased and efficient internet, network, and technology connectivity and access to citizens and businesses.
- Missouri Innovation Center, Inc. serves as Central Missouri’s only provider of wet labs and full-cycle, life science commercialization services available to high-growth entrepreneurs.
- Missouri State University – eFactory a technology-focused business incubator and entrepreneurial development center helps companies grow from idea to job creation; facilitating the growth and development of startups and emerging businesses.
- Porter House KC was founded to provide entrepreneurship guidance and expertise to underserved business owners in the Kansas City area. Porter House KC provides the space, expertise, and education for businesses at any stage of their creation to come in and grow into fully-fledged businesses.
The Physical Infrastructure Grant Program was piloted in FY23. To date, through MOBEC and other matching grant programs, MTC has partnered with more than 60 entrepreneurial support organizations in Missouri communities and awarded a total of more than $31 million in entrepreneurial-focused infrastructure grants that have served thousands of small businesses.