MTC is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time Venture Associate
The Missouri Technology Corporation (MTC) is a public-private partnership created by the Missouri General Assembly to promote entrepreneurship and foster the growth of new and emerging high-tech companies in the State of Missouri. MTC seeks a highly motivated, self-driven, organized candidate ideally with strong ties to the Missouri entrepreneurial ecosystems to oversee the management of our early-stage investment portfolio and to recruit new investment opportunities in the State’s most promising early-stage technology companies. This is an ideal position for an Analyst interested in transitioning to a Venture Partner track or for someone interested in gaining hands-on venture experience. Please note that MTC has a residency requirement. All candidates must currently be a resident of Missouri or willing to relocate immediately to qualify for the position.
- Monitoring and tracking the health of the portfolio and individual companies.
- Attending selected portfolio company board meetings on behalf of the organization/Executive Director.
- Working with the Executive Director and legal counsel to support portfolio company requests such as shareholder consents, note conversions, or note extensions.
- Recruiting new direct investment opportunities by building/maintaining relationships with key statewide stakeholders.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
- 2 to 5 years of project and program management experience required; preferably in early-stage portfolio management and/or investments in early-stage high growth private technology-focused companies.
- A commitment to growing entrepreneurial impact in Missouri required.
- Experience in entrepreneur support and ties to the Missouri entrepreneurial ecosystem desired.
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
For additional info, click on the MTC job posting or visit the MTC website.